The PFAS Crystal Ball: An Update
A New Administration, A New Vision for the Future of PFAS
In October 2020, Apex held a webinar to discuss the current regulations and the future of PFAS. At the time, the EPA’s progress in regulating PFAS had been slow and relatively soft. With the Biden administration’s strong focus on environmental policies, we have already seen an increase in many regulatory activities, the reversal of several Trump administrative policies, and anticipate sweeping changes with regards to PFAS.
In this webinar, we will cover Federal regulatory updates, notable state, and regional policy changes, and important technical research regarding sampling methodologies and analytical updates—Should you sample now, or wait? From the laboratory’s standpoint, what do you need to know about data usability? What methods are approved and what regulatory drivers are pushing changes in PFAS analysis?
What is the best way to prepare for the changes that are likely to come without opening a proverbial can of worms? Can you expect a previously closed remediation site to be reopened if there are suspected PFAS issues at that site?
Join us for a lively discussion as we help you to navigate the increasingly complicated PFAS narrative!
- Heather Gosack, RG, Associate Geologist, Portland, Oregon
- Janet Peterson, PG, Branch Manager, Miami, Florida
- Erin Kane, MBA, Denver, Colorado (Moderator)
- Bharat Chandramouli, Ph. D, Environmental Laboratory Product Manager, Sidney, British Colombia
- Julia Roth, Air Services Portfolio Lead, Boston, Massachusetts