Environmental Excellence in Action
The increasing awareness and discussions around climate change and sustainability has grown consumer and industrial interest. Therefore, there has been an acceleration in desire for clean energy resources, which are driving the adoption of green technology, as well as sustainability solutions and services in the market.
According to the Governance & Accountability Institute (G&A), over 90% of the S&P 500 companies published sustainability reports in 2019, an increase of 70% since 2011. The Apex team of sustainability and climate change professionals bring over 200 years of combined experience, assisting a wide range of organizations, including over 50 Fortune 500 firms with achieving their sustainability goals. Based off of our work with public and private clients in a variety of industries, we understand the unique challenges that accompany sustainability goals, and corporate governance while also reducing costs and improving efficiencies.
Our Solutions Include:
- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Verification and Assurance: Our team is well versed in the EPA Mandatory reporting rule, as well as voluntary programs including Dow Jones Sustainability Index and Global Reporting Initiative. We have verified GHG emissions for 100+ CDP Reporters, addressing ISO 14064-3, ISAE 3000, and AA1000AS. We can do the same for you.
- Baseline Program Review: Our team will review your corporate policies and practices, as well as ensure alignment with your sustainability program strategy. This may include site location audits, interviews with your key internal stakeholders, and a review of your existing metrics.
- Materiality Assessment and Program Design: The GRI Standards Gap Analysis involves examining your industry peers, what they have defined as material topics, their existing stakeholder groups, a review of their reports/submittals to CDP, and a detailed analysis of their stakeholder activities.
- GHG LCA Verification
- Conflict Free Gold (WCG)
- Zero Waste to Landfill
- H&S Metrics
- Social Metrics
- Environmental Metrics
- WASH Audits
Our Broad Expertise Spans the Following Industry Guidelines:
- SASB (Sustainability Accounting Standards Board) -Sector‑Specific
- Mining and Metals (ICMM Requirements)
- Oil and Gas (IPIECA Guidance)
- GRI G4 Sector Guidance
- Food Processing
- Financial Services
- Construction and Real Estate