Global Building Materials Manufacturer
Confidential building materials manufacturer who provides cement, aggregates, asphalt and concrete products and construction services for infrastructure projects worldwide.
Evaluate worker exposure to noise, silica, and asbestos.
Conduct comprehensive employee exposure and building materials evaluations to mitigate any occupational health risks.
- Streamlined process for sample collection and assessments
- Consistent data and insight for compliance tracking and reporting
Our client operates aggregate mines, cement plants, and asphalt plants with over 7,000 employees across 43 states. To safeguard their employees, they sought to augment their industrial hygiene (IH) team with assistance conducting employee exposure monitoring to noise, respirable crystalline silica, and asbestos‑containing materials.
For the past two years, Apex has served as our client’s partner and extension of their IH team to evaluate employee exposures and building materials for compliance with occupational health regulations (e.g., EPA, MSHA, and OSHA). We have also provided limited asbestos-containing building material surveys in accordance with EPA guidelines.
Our managed approach provides our client with:
- Consistency of both field work and reporting
- Technically sound approach regarding sample collection
- Exposure risk expertise
- Knowledgeable resources to add bench strength to in-house IH team
- Projects delivered on-time and on budget