Effective Date: August 30, 2023
Lawful Basis to Process
Apex has a lawful basis to collect, store, and process information either because the individual requested a service and gave their consent, or because they provided their personal information, or because Apex has a contractual obligation to judiciously process personal information.
Information we collect
The personal information we collect on our website includes, but is not limited to: your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, title, and other details you provide that we use to help you with your experience.
When we collect information
We collect information from you when you register on our website, enter information/sign up for information on our website, provide us with feedback on our products or services, use the “Contact Us” link on the website, respond to a survey or marketing communication, browse our website, or use certain other website features.
How we will use your information
We use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To improve our website in order to better serve you
- To allow us to better service you
- To respond to and fulfill your requests
- To send periodic emails regarding our products and services
- To follow up with you via email or phone
- To administer and protect the website
How we protect your information
We use best-practices and take reasonable security precautions including physical, electronic, and administrative procedures, to protect the personal information that you choose to provide.
Contractual Agreements and Projects
Any identifiable data collected, stored, and accessed in conjunction with a customer’s project is for the sole use of the customer and Apex Companies to provide services and solutions directly related to the project. Non-identifiable or anonymized data can be used by Apex to track, research, and report industry and environmental trends.
We do not share your personal information with third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Third Party Tracking
Third parties, other than our vendors (such as our website analytics provider), do not have authorization from us to track which websites you visited prior and after visiting our website. That said, we cannot control third party tracking and there may be some third party tracking that occurs without our knowledge or consent.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Sites ("Log Data").
This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Sites that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor, and analyze this information to improve service to clients and potential customers.
We may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and other information that pertains to our organization.
Whenever you visit or interact with our website, we may use assorted technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the website is accessed and used. We refer to this information as traffic data. Traffic data may include browser type, device type used to access the website (i.e., computer or mobile device), user browsing time, geographical data, unique number assigned to identify such device, operating system, application version, click path taken through the website, your use of features or applications on the website, and other publicly available information. This information helps us improve the website, products, and services. Traffic data is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as an identifiable person, we will treat it as personal information.
To learn how you may be able to reduce the number of cookies you receive from us, or delete cookies that have already been installed in your browser’s cookie folder, please refer to your browser’s help menu or other instructions related to your browser. If you do disable or opt out of receiving cookies, please be aware that some features and services on the Site may not work as intended and you may not have access to all of the services and features we may offer.
The personal information removal process will begin within 30 days of the request initiation date.
What your Data Protection Rights are
Every User is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Apex Companies for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Apex Companies correct any information you feel is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Apex Companies to complete any information you feel is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Apex Companies erase your personal data, under certain circumstances.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Apex Companies restrict the processing of you personal data, under certain circumstances.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Apex Companies processing your data, under certain circumstances.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Apex Companies transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain circumstances.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the information given below:
Apex Companies, LLC
15850 Crabbs Branch Way, Suite 200
Rockville, Maryland 20855