Experts in the Mining, Aggregate, and Exploration Industries
Geology and hydrogeology play a key role in the planning, design, and implementation for many projects. Apex Companies’ geologists and hydrological engineers are available to conduct groundwater and surface water testing and resource evaluation.
We work with mining concerns and construction projects to understand the impact of local water formations on the project and how ore removal and facility development can result in geochemical and waste contamination of water supplies.
Our experience includes mine water treatment and water quality monitoring and evaluation.
We also serve the oil and gas mining industry, providing insights that aid in cutting costs and optimizing production.
To assure the success of your project, Apex geologists assess the landforms, earth processes, and water resources associated with your site. We test, consult, report, and design solutions that help move your project forward by reducing risk and eliminating the hazards that can derail development.
Our Geological Engineering Solutions
At Apex, the management and protection of our natural resources is a top priority. Utilizing practical engineering, sound science, and project management skills, you can rest assured knowing that your project is in expert hands.
- Designing and directing subsurface investigations
- Soil and rock core sampling and identification
- Rock quality designation and soil consistency/relative density determinations
- Hydrogeology, groundwater monitoring, and reporting
- Drilling contracting and boring schedules
- Prepare detailed (lithologic) descriptions
- Geologic reconnaissance/mapping
- Mineral resource reserve evaluations
- Environmental considerations and evaluations
From Design to Reclamation, Comprehensive Engineering
At Apex, we cover the full life cycle of your mining operation. From pre-mine surveys and feasibility studies to mine valuations and reclamation, Apex brings the expertise you need to assure the viability and profitability of your mine.
Apex offers comprehensive mining engineering, evaluation, and permitting services for surface coal mines, underground coal mines, and stone quarries.
We pride ourselves on providing insightful solutions and advice that takes practical account of your specific circumstances.
With some of the most skilled and experienced professionals in the mining industry pursuing their careers at Apex, you’ll find that our firm is a recognized leader in delivering exceptional mining services.
From meeting our clients’ schedules and budget constraints to providing deliverables that exceed both expectations and the capabilities of many competitors, Apex is here to help assure the success of your mining project.
Our Mine Engineering Solutions
At Apex, our experienced mining engineers know what it takes to help you make informed business decisions, provide for optimized production, and assure worker safety and appropriate environmental controls.
- Air quality
- Acid mine drainage treatment
- Coal refuse disposal
- Construction inspection and certification
- Deep mine design
- Dust control
- Environmental monitoring
- Geologic interpretations
- Mine mapping
- Mine valuations
- Mine ventilation
- Pre-mine/pre-blast surveys
- Regulatory oversight inspections and regulatory liaison
- Reserve evaluations
- Subsidence plans and mapping submittals for all mining operations, to MSHA, PADEP, and DMS of active and inactive surface and deep mine operations
- Surface mine design
- Surveying (surface and underground)
- Time studies
- Underground surveying
- Water sampling and analysis
Apex operates and provides upgrades for AMD treatment facilities, both passive and chemical.
Despite the application of sound mining and reclamation principles, AMD can form and therefore must be treated to meet existing federal and state standards. Apex Operations specializes in AMD treatment and our exceptional care can ensure effluent standards are met. Apex currently operates several AMD water treatment facilities (passive and chemical) and provides the general operations for these plants. Apex also provides upgrades to electrical units and piping for these facilities.
- Develop standard operating procedures
- Create flushing and maintenance programs
- Operate SCADA systems
- Operation, design/redesign and treatment of AMD systems