Forces at Work for You
Whether you are in the power and utilities or oil and gas sector, Apex Companies supports every aspect of the energy market. From renewables to non-renewables, we have provided solutions that help our clients deliver the energy that is critical to all economic activity. From siting, to permitting, operations and maintenance, transportation and distribution, we can help navigate the most challenging regulations to keep you running on all cylinders.
Oil and Gas Industry Solutions
Design, Assess, Survey, and Plan
Along with a potential for economic growth, oil and gas production presents safety and environmental liabilities that can be mitigated through sound engineering practices. Apex delivers proven, value‑added services to the oil and gas industry, from site layout and evaluation, to designs for pipeline construction and water management plans. We work to assure that your project is managed in a smooth, timely, and cost-effective manner.
Our experience includes utility coordination, air permitting, and providing liaison services between your operation and government agencies for reporting and site inspections. We understand the nuances of the permitting process and are on top of the latest regulatory requirements.
We are also poised to handle a variety of needs for your exploration, production, and midstream requirements.
Apex offers a diverse scope of civil engineering and site development services, including geotechnical and environmental consulting.
Natural Resources Support
Navigating local, state, and federal permitting processes; planning for wetland delineation; applying the intricacies of evolving regulations; tackling historical and archeological issues and evaluating endangered species can be tricky and time-consuming.
At Apex, our nationwide team of scientific professionals has extensive natural and cultural experience with both public and private projects. We can help you:
- Understand the complexities of the regulatory environment
- Identify environmental constraints
- Evaluate avoidance, minimization, and permitting options
- Develop a timely, cost-effective strategy to achieve compliance
- Navigate the permitting process
Apex provides linear construction services, ranging from a few thousand feet to a few hundred miles. Apex has utilized a variety of approaches for linear projects, including desktop assessments, avoidance and minimization planning, field survey and delineation, and permitting and mitigation. Linear projects are often advantageously designed to reroute around complex constraints in order to minimize impacts and resulting permitting requirements. Apex has the applicable resources, GIS capabilities, and project experience to identify critical environmental issues within a proposed corridor during the crucial planning stages. Following selection of a preferred route, Apex’s team of knowledgeable scientists develops a tailored project plan that will effectively meet client goals while ensuring compliance with natural and cultural resources regulations. In addition, Apex’s team of biologists and natural resources professionals can provide the following types of support:
Additional Oil and Gas Industry Solutions
At Apex, our oil and gas engineering services are designed to help you deliver a commercially successful and environmentally responsible project.
- Wetland and stream delineation
- Environmental site assessments
- Water management plans
- Act 220 water withdrawal and use registration
- Hydrogeology, groundwater monitoring, and reporting
- Liaison for governing agency reporting and site inspection
- Utility Coordination
- Air permitting
Power Industry Solutions
Traditional and Renewable Energy Solutions
Apex provides reliable field services for the power generation industry, starting with site assessments through to end-of-life facility decommissioning and demolition. We prepare environmental impact statements, provide site assessments and planning, and deliver construction inspections, surveys, and management. We handle site development, environmental compliance audits, and wastewater treatment planning and management.
When serving the power generation industry, we call on a comprehensive array of engineering disciplines and services. That’s what sets Apex apart.
Civil Engineering for the Power Generation Industry
In the service of the power industry, Apex performs Phase I, II, and III environmental assessments, as well as locating and designing access and haul roads, evaluating rock mechanics, and performing geotechnical subsurface investigations.
Additional Power Industry Solutions
At Apex, our growing reputation in the energy sector is based on delivering exceptional results in an atmosphere of superior service and client care.
- Air quality testing, monitoring, permitting, and compliance
- Wetland and stream delineations, permitting, and mitigation
- Phase I, II, and III environmental assessments
- Environmental compliance audits
- Environmental impact statements
- Site assessments, characterization, and planning
- Surveying services
- Geotechnical subsurface investigations
- Geotechnical engineering
- Civil engineering, site development, redevelopment, and facility improvements
- Erosion and sedimentation control plans
- Structural condition assessments
- Construction inspection, survey, and management
- Land use options and facility repurposing
- Facility decommissioning and demolition
- Site closure demolition, permitting, inspection, and administration
- Underground storage tank closure and remediation
- Site remediation and remedial design
- Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure Plans (SPCC)
- Landfill engineering, permitting, and compliance
- Beneficial use evaluations
- Clean Water Act (CWA) permitting, studies, and compliance
- Effluent limitation guidelines planning, implementation, and compliance
- Hydrogeology and groundwater assessment, monitoring, and modeling
- Hydrographic surveys
- Water and wastewater treatment and management
Energy Client Profiles
Operating and maintaining a pipeline network over 5,000 miles long (about twice the width of the United States) and across more than a dozen state lines while transporting gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, home heating oil and fuel to both commercial and residential clients involves an extensive list of complex regulatory compliance hurdles and environmental challenges...
When this firm was formed as a spinoff of a company with which we had been working for 23 years, the firm’s staff immediately turned to Apex to support its environmental and infrastructure needs. With an urgent need to bring several mine sites into production, the client required both reserve analysis and permitting support...