Sustainable Solutions for Today’s Water Challenges
According to a recent published paper in the Journal of Environmental Policy and Planning, when Hurricanes Sandy and Harvey struck the northeast and Texas, respectively, they caused billions of gallons of raw and partially treated sewage to flow out through overwhelmed stormwater drains (Cousins & Hill, 2021).
The US EPA’s most recent comprehensive Clean Watersheds Needs Survey 2012 Report to Congress estimated that 14,748 publicly owned treatment works (POTWs) provide wastewater collection, treatment, and disposal service to more than 238 million people in the United States. This amount equates to approximately 85 cubic kilometers of wastewater, that is generated per person a year. To provide some perspective, 1 cubic kilometer of wastewater is 1 trillion liters—about 220 billion US gallons!
With water becoming an increasingly precious resource, the need to process wastewater efficiently and effectively is an absolute necessity.
Our Wastewater Services
- Design and Installation of Wastewater Treatment Systems
- Treatability Studies for New Wastewater Streams
- Closed Loop Wastewater Treatment System Evaluations for Zero Discharge
- Water Audits for Water Usage Reduction Alternatives
- Wastewater Audits for Reduction in Operating and Maintenance Costs
- Compliance Assistance for Permitted Wastewater Discharges
- Benchtop Testing for Optimization of Wastewater Treatment Chemical Dosing
- Upgrade of Existing Monitoring and Telemetry Systems (pH, ORP, Flow)
- Upgrade of Existing Control Systems (Manual Operation, Relay Logic, PLC)
- Operation and Maintenance Services for Wastewater Treatment Systems
- Training for Wastewater Treatment System Operators
- Calibration Services for pH and ORP Probes
- Preparation of Operation and Maintenance Manuals for Existing Systems