Industry Alert: New PA State Requirement—Proactive Facility Cleaning to Reduce COVID-19 Risk
To protect the public from the spread of COVID-19 risk, the PA Department of Health has issued an order regarding specific safety measures for building facilities.
Who does this impact?
Operations designated as “essential” in the state of Pennsylvania which meet the following criteria:
- Commercial offices
- Grocery stores
- Universities & colleges
- Residential buildings with at least 50 units
If my company fits the criteria, what do I need to do?
- Maintain pre-existing cleaning protocols for all areas of your building;
- Supplement pre-existing maintenance protocols by routinely cleaning and disinfecting high-touch areas (e.g. accessible to customers, tenants, or other individuals), in accordance with CDC guidelines;
- Ensure that you have enough employees to perform the above protocols effectively to protect the safety of all occupants and employees;
- Ensure that you have enough security employees to control access, maintain order, and enforce social distancing of at least 6 feet.
To view the official order, please visit the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
Are you prepared?
Apex can help. Our team can identify the proper training requirements, provide required training, develop guidance for your employees and/or contractors; and provide oversight to ensure conformance with these new state requirements.
How can we help?
Our services include:
- Cleaning and Disinfection Protocol and Plan Development
- Third Party Cleaning and Disinfection Protocol Conformance Oversight
- Turnkey Cleaning and Disinfection including Biohazardous Waste Removal
- Workforce Training and Education
- Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Short- and Long‑Term Staff Augmentation
We’ve assembled a best-in-class team of professionals. Our ready-to-deploy team with toxicology and public health backgrounds includes PhDs, Chemical and Biological Threat Mitigation Specialists, Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIHs), Certified Safety Professionals (CSPs), and experts with Masters of Science in Public Health (MSPH) degrees who are dedicated to addressing your coronavirus needs.
Our approaches are rooted in the latest technical guidance and our teams are knowledgeable in the most up-to‑date CDC‑recommended standard, contact, and airborne precautions for coronavirus management.
As one of the largest industrial hygiene firms in the country, we have 30+ years of environmental excellence, 1000+ professionals, and 50+ offices nationwide ready to manage your coronavirus risk.
Apex Associated Press (Apex AP) represents contributions from various authors within the Apex professional community.
Please note that all content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only and does not necessarily represent the views, opinions, strategy, or methods of Apex Companies, LLC (Apex). Apex makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Apex will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. Apex will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. Apex reserves the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this blog without notice to whoever wrote, submitted or posted the comment. Anyone who submits or posts any material to this blog waives any right or claim to privacy with respect to the content submitted or posted. By submitting or posting any content, the person or entity that does so is representing that they believe it to be accurate, have a legal right to the content, and have legal authority to submit or post it. Please do not submit or post anything if this is not the case. Please consider these requirements carefully when submitting or posting comments, photographs or other material relating to third parties who may have privacy, ownership or other rights implicated by the content. Readers are encouraged to seek professional legal, scientific, and/or engineering consultation concerning specific environmental, engineering, or other concerns. If you would like to contact Apex for more information regarding professional consultation to address your specific concerns, click here.