Due Diligence, Assessment, Monitoring, and Underground Storage Tank Removal
Car Wash Operator • Multiple Locations Throughout Florida and Eastern US
Car Wash Operator
- Successfully redevelop contaminated sites into car wash facilities
- Quantify potential costs and liabilities associated with purchase and construction on contaminated properties
- Work with client and seller’s representatives to enable redevelopment by addressing issues such as timing of any required remediation
- Development of highly popular car wash facilities in strategic locations
Apex has provided Phase I and II environmental site assessment (ESA) services for our client since 2017. Our client initially purchased seven car wash locations in Miami-Dade County and is continuing the purchase and construction of car wash locations throughout Florida and the eastern United States. Many of the properties were former gas stations or automotive repair locations, which are well situated for car washes.
Apex has conducted Phase I and II ESAs in support of the expansion effort. As part of the due diligence effort, Apex has conducted project feasibility studies to determine potential costs for cleanup and consulting with seller’s consultants to determine potential risks associated with construction on contaminated sites.
Apex has also provided site assessment, remediation, and groundwater monitoring services. Apex conducted underground storage tank (UST) removal and assessment at a former automotive repair facility when three previously-unknown USTs were discovered during construction of a new car wash facility. Apex has also conducted groundwater monitoring at one facility when the former property failed to do so.
Scope of Services Provided:
- Environmental due diligence: Phase I and II ESAs
- Site assessment and groundwater monitoring
- UST removal and assessment
- Feasibility studies to determine potential costs for cleanup and consulting with seller’s consultants to determine potential risks associated with construction on contaminated sites
Apex has developed an effective collaboration with this client since 2017. In addition to completion of standard Phase I and II ESAs, we also work with our client to conduct desk top reviews and develop order of magnitude remediation costs for known contaminated properties. When the need arises, Apex has jumped in and addressed immediate environmental needs, such as expeditiously removing previously unknown underground storage tanks discovered during construction of a new car wash or conducting agency‑required groundwater monitoring.